Manager, Nursing Support Services FT Pos#72145 CC#25450 (M19)
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Do you want to be part of a team of dedicated professionals highly respected in the medical field? This is your opportunity find meaningful work where everyone plays an important role in improving the overall patient experience.
We are seeking a skilled Manager, Support Service to join one of the nation's top cancer research hospitals. At MSK, we deeply value our patients and work to deliver safe, positive, and comfortable experiences. As a Support Service Manager, you will provide oversight to staff responsible for supply distribution, inventory control, equipment management, and maintaining a clean environment. Assist in the development of policies and procedures that ensure the timely and efficient delivery of support and other material resources.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- An excellent communicator with the ability to bring calm to uncomfortable situations.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Dedicated, hardworking, and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Approachable – someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- Reliable and resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles.
- Directs and supervises activities of staff in assigned area. Hires, orients, trains, disciplines, and evaluates the performance of staff. Provides guidance, feedback, and opportunities for development, as appropriate.
- Develops strategic plan and recommends, initiates, and approves operational changes, new equipment, and new services
- Prepares operating, capital, and special project annual budgets according to departmental and Center guidelines, meeting all required deadlines
- Oversees area operations and prioritizes workflow to meet the needs of the department and ensure efficient and financially sound operations.
- Ensures an adequate amount of technical/clinical supplies are available to meet the needs of the department; ensures ordering of supplies from appropriate sources as needed; negotiates vendor contracts for supplies
- Communicates and ensures compliance with quality standards and improvement initiatives.
- Ensures availability of equipment required to carry out area’s responsibilities adequately assessing needs, and ordering supplies from appropriate sources within fiscal guidelines.
- Develops system for monitoring all existing equipment for value and useful life, planning an appropriate replacement program
- Completes all required documentation and produces necessary reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- At least 4 years of healthcare, housekeeping and/or inventory experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience is required
- A superior customer service orientation is essential.
- Must understand and agree to maintain the confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
Shift: Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.