DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Pharmacy Department utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model. The department has one of the most robust set of electronic clinical resources in the country and a dynamic medication safety program.
Across the Center, we review 1.5 million orders per year and dispense over three million doses of medication annually. The Pharmacy Department has more than 450 employees with approximately 300 pharmacists servicing patients in 26 pharmacy satellites, including inpatient unit-based satellites in all oncological specialties.
Memorial Sloan Kettering provides free, live, onsite, accredited continuing education pharmacy courses to help keep your credentials up to date. The department will also sponsor national and state membership for pharmacy organizations and appropriate off-site educational meetings. The size and scope of our organization provides many opportunities to advance your knowledge and grow your career.
We are seeking a Pharmacist II to join our Monmouth team.
- Able to problem-solve operational, personnel, and patient issues
- Detail-oriented and willing to adapt to changes in workflow to improve patient care
- A fast learner. With new non-chemotherapy and chemotherapy agents being approved every few months and new protocols opening frequently you must be able to efficiently and accurately evaluate new information
- Able to make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Highly motivated and able to work well with others
- Be responsible for all aspects of non-chemotherapy and chemotherapy order verification, order entry, mixing and checking
- Be involved in implementing new pharmacy technology and projects
- Assist with training new pharmacy staff; training and education of staff on new technologies, drug info, Omnicell usage etc
- PharmD (or equivalent)
- NJ Pharmacy license
- Strong computer skills and the ability to develop a good understanding of pharmacy systems
- IV compounding experience (preferred)
- Prior hospital pharmacy experience (preferred)
- Prior retail pharmacy experience beneficial
- Chemotherapy experience (preferred)
- Rotating shifts (primarily evening) including some weekend coverage. In addition, there will be occasional shift coverage for MSK Basking Ridge. Hours and days of operation may be adjusted in the future depending on patient demand.
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.