Coordinator, Facility Maintenance
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Directly responsible for coordinating maintenance of facilities; monitoring and ordering of all (clinical and administrative) supplies as well as capital equipment for the Department of Medicine, which includes physician offices and clinical and administrative areas for outpatient visits. Ensures that all areas including examinations rooms, waiting rooms, conference rooms, consultation rooms, administrative and supply areas are maintained in a safe, attractive and appropriate manner while providing a consistent and adequate source of supplies and equipment. Under the direction of the Associate Director, participates in the review of supplies and facilities expenses accrued on the operating budget and maintain inventories. Directly involved in the preparation, and proper code adherence for JCAHO inspections.
- Be responsible for the overall maintenance of the physician office and/or patient care environments.
- Develop and maintain a calendar of routine maintenance of facilities for all areas noted above which ensures the twice yearly internal routine maintenance while providing minimal disruption of clinical/office flow to their respective areas. Communicates actively with the Administrator, Administrative Manager and appropriate Managers to problem solve the maintenance calendar and ensure its viability.
- Perform weekly facilities inspections to ensure the appropriate level of appearance, cleanliness and safety exists in all areas. Develops and maintains a Problem/Issue log in a shared data base with the Managers and produces the appropriate work requests and purchase orders as necessary. Contact and coordinate with facilities management for resolution of immediate/emergency issues. Routinely posts responses and actions taken to administrative and nursing staff in order to communicate follow up and resolution through the shared data base log and/or e-mail.
- Meet routinely with Building Services Supervisor to discuss problems and issues. Maintains notes from meeting and issues appropriate follow up memos to confirm understanding.
Maintenance of Supplies and Equipment
- Oversees the ordering and maintenance of all clinical and non-clinical supplies for the office and/or clinic area.
- Maintains an inventory of all outside orders and monitors offsite storage of equipment, furniture and patient information. Routinely monitors levels. Issues purchase orders as appropriate.
- Meets routinely with the Distribution Supervisor to discuss shelf levels and stocking issues.
- Develops and maintains a template of all the items (capital and non-capital, clinical and administrative) that compose each service within the department (administrative, facilities, office space, clinic areas, vacancies, employees). Uses this template to assist in the planning with the Finance Manager/Administrator of new/reconstructed office space and ambulatory care space. Updates this template accordingly.
- Under the direction of the Associate Director, be responsible for the creation and submission of all purchase orders within the department. Tracks invoices and maintains files documenting expenditures.
- Assist Finance Manager and Administrator with the preparation of the capital equipment and supplies budget.
- Manages the purchases from the established capital equipment budget according to the needs of the area. Communicates with purchasing department and vendors to determine the most appropriate items and vendors. Responsible for completing purchase requisitions and submitting them to the Finance Manager and Administrator for approval.
- Initiates and completes capital equipment orders and documentation sheet according to institutional standards. Submits to the Senior Finance Manager and Associate Director for approval. Suggests substitutions for unplanned expenditures.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or HS diploma + experience
Major: Business or Health Administration preferred
Experience (years), if any: 2 years prior work experience in a hospital/healthcare setting
Type of Experience: Healthcare setting, preferably in an administrative capacity
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.