Senior Physical Therapist - MSK Westchester
LocationWest Harrison, NY
DeptAllied Health - Rehabilitation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) seeks a full-time, licensed Senior Physical Therapist at its cancer treatment center in West Harrison, New York (MSK Westchester). This facility offers the highest standards of comprehensive cancer care delivered by MSK oncologists, in an environment designed to meet the unique needs of cancer patients and their families.
Physical therapy experience in an adult outpatient setting is desired. Lymphedema certification and/or experience treating lymphedema preferred. At MSK, we offer world class training within our rehabilitation service focusing on opportunities to develop innovative, therapeutic programs for a diverse patient population. Our highly talented team assists patients throughout their continuum of care focusing on improved quality of life, overall function and independent management as needed. We are looking for an individual passionate about patient-centered treatment, teamwork, and best practice which results in an exceptional patient experience. Attention to detail, dedication to individualized care, and participation in a team approach is what MSK therapists provide with each interaction.
• Provide highly skilled physical therapy including lymphedema services to adult patients in an oncology setting utilizing evidenced-based therapeutic interventions to maximize patient outcomes.
• Collaborate with multi-disciplinary team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure the highest level of clinical services are provided and experienced throughout the entire episode of care.
• Participate in mentorship, both as mentor and mentee, through various teaching and learning opportunities.
• Engage in projects and activities that support and advance institutional and departmental mission and goals.
• New York State Licensure as a Physical Therapist required.
• Doctorate of Physical Therapy (tDPT or DPT) is preferred
• Minimum of 3 years clinical practice as a licensed PT required.
• Experience with oncology population preferred.
• Outpatient setting clinical experience strongly preferred.
• Lymphedema clinical experience strongly preferred.
Hours vary between 7:30a-7p, Monday- Saturday (subject to change)
Please include a cover letter and resume for consideration.
Application Hiring Process
West Harrison, NY
Residents of New York’s Hudson Valley and Connecticut are offered many of the same treatments as at our other facilities, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation. 500 Westchester Avenue, West Harrison, NY