Clinical Nurse Specialist - Outpatient Chemotherapy
LocationWest Harrison, NY
DeptNursing - Clinical Nurse Specialist
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS)-Outpatient Chemotherapy
Are you an accomplished and proud Clinical Nurse Specialist?
The expertise, creativity, commitment, and generosity of spirit of the men and women of Memorial Sloan Kettering are at the heart of our success. We are encouraged by one another’s dedication and compassion, and recognize the work being done in the service of our patients and our mission.
New programs and state-of-the-art facilities are essential to our continued growth and achievement. But it is the people who work within our hospital, clinics and laboratories who truly ensure the future of MSK. And it is our patients who provide the inspiration for everything we do.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK), we recognize and champion the role of the Clinical Nurse Specialist and the value it adds to our organization in meeting the specialized needs of our patients with cancer.
Our amazing nursing team includes over 40 Clinical Nurse Specialists and we are growing the team. Are you ready to find your calling and make MSK your next career move?
Our CNS’s are dedicated to ensuring quality and excellence in the art and science of professional nursing practice. This is consistent with our mission to provide compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment.
- Utilize the tenets of primary nursing: knowledge, accountability, and continuity to foster a culture and structure supportive of caring and therapeutic relationships between nurses and patients and families
- Inspire a culture of excellence and accountability by setting clear goals, expectations and benchmarks for performance
- Contribute to the design, development and implementation of strategic and operational initiatives.
- Lead and support staff during periods of transition; communicate purpose and empower staff to embrace change.
- Demonstrate understanding and ensure the specific needs and care requirements of patient population are met.
- A good decision-maker, with known to work at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Effective at gaining the support and dedication of others by engaging them around your point of view and priorities
- Current New York State RN license with CNS qualification required
- 3+ years of related experience
- Chemotherapy experience required
- Experience in an advanced nursing role strongly preferred
- Self-direction and strong interpersonal skills are essential
10 Hour Days Monday - Friday
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s (MSK) benefits program acknowledges the care that our employees put into their jobs every day. The program provides benefits, tools, resources and services to help employees at work, and in their lives outside of work. MSK is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits package to its employees.
Application Hiring Process
West Harrison, NY
Residents of New York’s Hudson Valley and Connecticut are offered many of the same treatments as at our other facilities, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation. 500 Westchester Avenue, West Harrison, NY