Psychiatrist/Psychologist Occupational Health Clinic
LocationNew York, NY
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything we do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
The Occupational Health Clinic, part of Employee Health & Wellness Services (EHWS) is seeking a Psychiatrist or Psychologist. EHWS provides more than 45,000 clinic visits per year. Are you ready to join this team and make a difference each day for over 18,000 employees?
In this role you will:
- Play a substantial role in the mental health evaluation/support of employees, and serve as a mental health consultant to the organization
- Set strategic priorities, develop, and implement plans to optimize work-related mental health and wellness
- Provide individual employee evaluation including review of employee’s cognitive or mental health function as it may apply to their ability to work safely
- Assess employees for impairment and oversee treatment plans between outside professionals
- Collaborate with multiple partners across MSK including Employee Wellness, Psychiatry and Social Work, Research & Clinical Training, Employee Assistance Program, Legal, Human Resources to support best management of mental health-related issues in the workplace
- Develop and foster relationships with faculty, trainees, APPs, and other clinical staff to support organizational efforts to prevent and manage burnout
- Participate in relevant Committees and Councils (e.g. Building Resilience; Employee Mental Health; Threat Management/Workplace Violence; GME Wellness; Drug & Alcohol Surveillance, Staff Support Response Team; Physician Burnout Committee)
- Report directly to the Medical Director of Employee Health & Wellness Department
The ideal candidate should have:
- Active Psychiatry or Psychology credentials and licenses. Also open to licensed Advanced Practice Provider candidates (Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
- Board certification or eligibility in psychiatry or doctorate in psychology
- Experience treating working people and providing consultation services to an organization
Are you passionate about mental and occupational health and ready to join our team? Click to apply now.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.