Lab Technologist II - Cell Therapy
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Laboratory Medicine
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
It’s a very exciting time for our Laboratory Medicine Department as many of our teams have just moved into our new state-of-the-art laboratory medicine facility on East 64th Street. Our new Laboratory Medicine Building maximizes operational efficiency, allowing our Laboratory Medicine team to provide test results more quickly and reduce the amount of blood needed from a patient to generate those results.
For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
We are currently seeking an experienced Laboratory Technologist to join our Cell Therapy Laboratory. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has been trained in aseptic technique and who has experience with cord blood, tissue bank and/or microbiology.
This role will give you a fantastic balance of experience between our research and treatment work, as our Cell Therapy Lab is a pass-through lab for some of our most exciting clinical trials. This position will rotate between our Cell Depot in our Memorial Hospital and our new Lab Medicine Building. This means you’ll have some nice variety to your working week, and will also have some contact with the people who matter the most – our patients!
- Perform processing of Hematopoietic Progenitor Cell products using aseptic technique and technical duties in all laboratory sections, with minimal supervision, as assigned.
- Maintains complete, accurate, legible, neat, organized, up-to-date records/logs/files.
- Assures the accuracy of all tests performed by adhering to the laboratory’s Standard Operating Procedures. Performs routine and advanced equipment maintenance.
- Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assures a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area. Maintains adequate inventories of reagents and supplies. Manage the physical environment of the laboratory in accordance with New York State DOH, Joint Commission, OSHA and CLIA regulations.
- Provide direction, training, and feedback on routine laboratory procedures, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Lab Sciences.
- Meeting the requirements for the New York State Clinical Laboratory Technologist License or eligible for a restricted license in Cell Therapy.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Day shift/variable from 8 am - 6 pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.