Pharmacy Financial Analyst/Project Manager
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Pharmacy Department is seeking a Financial Analyst/Project Manager to perform financial coordination and analyses of pharmacy budgets, Institutional drug budgets, expenditures and related activities under the direction of the Finance Manager.
- Participate in the development of the institutional drug budgets, and operating and capital budgets, of the pharmacy and specialty pharmacy divisions
- Prepare and monitor monthly variance reports and monitor the capital budgets of the above divisions, ensuring spending levels are consistent with budget
- Investigate and communicate to Finance Manager the causes for expense discrepancies and/or variances and make modifications as necessary
- Perform analysis of financial impact regarding current and new programs, various expenditures, operational issues and needs, and changes in staffing
- Support pharmacy inventory system maintenance and analysis by generating and reviewing reports as needed
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of budget preparation and budget analysis experience. Master’s degree preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to make oral presentations and draft written correspondences.
- Ability to analyze financial and statistical data.
- Must be able to handle multiple requests and assignments, develop content knowledge of projects, take initiative in anticipating next steps, and provide managers with creative alternative solutions to improve processes and projects.
**WHEN APPLYING: Please include (as a single PDF) both a resume and a cover letter; in the letter, we’d love to hear about why you are interested in pursuing the Pharmacy financial analyst role.**
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.