Jitney Driver / Messenger - NYC
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Jitney Driver and Messenger safely transports patients, their families, staff, specimens, medications and cargo between MSK Outpatient sites and the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center Main Campus. Also, provides transportation and support to additional MSKCC sites.
Handle Jitney Bus Transportation:
- Conduct a pre-trip inspection of the Jitney Bus in order to ensure that it is operating properly
- Safely transports and delivers patients and staff primarily between 53rd Street, the Main Campus, and other various Manhattan MSKCC locations, within twenty minute runs, and/or forty minute round trips.
- Makes trips between 53rd Street and Main Campus according to the Jitney Bus Schedule posted in dispatch office.
- Remains with the Jitney Bus when passengers are on board
Handle Van Transportation:
- Retrieves the MSKCC mini-van from parking garage prior to start of first trip of the scheduled work day.
- Conducts a pre-trip inspection of the vehicle to ensure that it is operating properly. Pre-trip inspection includes, listening for irregular sounds in the motor; ensuring the vehicle has a clean exterior and a neat interior, fuel, and other necessary fluids, (i.e. Brake, Wind Shield Washer, Power Steering, etc.); and ensuring that all lights, lamps and signals are functioning properly.
Act as Messanger:
- Picks up MSK-53rd Street supplies from General Stores on a daily basis at designated pick up times and as requested on an emergency basis.
- Picks up and deliver mail from Main Campus and MSK-53rd Street mailrooms.
- Retrieves and deliver medical instruments to Central Sterile Processing on a daily basis at designated pick up times.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year driving for a major company or organization preferred
- Commercial Driver's License Class B w/Passenger endorsement
- Preferred: Defensive Driving Training
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.