Lab Technologist III - The David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care - Nights - Sign on and Shift Bonus
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 30th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible in Laboratory Medicine. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians, and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
As the need for laboratory medicine services grows across MSK, we are thrilled announcea need at the brand new David H. Koch Center for Cancer Care which will be a critical part of our Laboratory Medicine offerings.
We are currently seeking Lab Technologist III with experience in Chemistry and Hematology.
For further information, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise
As an LT IIIl:
- Plan, organize and supervise the day to day work of laboratory personnel engaged in performing routine and specialized technical procedures, including planning laboratory work, evaluating work performed and handling procedural and technical laboratory problems to meet the needs of the clinical staff and patients.
- Monitor Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Safety and Inspection Control practices to assure compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Ensure smooth workflow, and demonstrate decision-making abilities in all aspects of performance in support of the Department.
- Bachelor's degree (Biology, Chemistry, or Clinical Laboratory Sciences) required, as is 6+ years of relevant experience (preferably including supervisory experience)
- Previous experience in a generalist role required
- NY State Clinical Labs license required
- ASCP certification preferred
Hours: Nights, 12am-8am
***$4,000 sign on bonus
***Attractive night shift bonus plan
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.