Histology Technician - Part Time
LocationNew York, NY
DeptResearch - Laboratory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are currently seeking a trained Histology Technician to work in a part-time role to support a Research Pathologist specializing in optical imaging techniques (i.e., in vivo/ex vivo microscopy), which are being explored in a research setting for non-invasive diagnosis of disease.
- Prepare histology glass slides, that includes tissue processing, embedding, microtomy, and routine Hematoxylin and Eosin and special staining
- Perform manual immunohistochemistry (IHC) and automated IHC staining.
- Assist pathologist in tissue macro and microdissection for the isolation of the tissue specific cell component
- Scan glass slides on AperioScanscope
- Perform routine maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Perform filing of finished blocks and slides.
- Adhere to laboratory’s quality control policies, and documents.
- Ensure all safety, quality control and quality assurance standards are met.
- Assisting supervisor with paperwork and imaging related with research
- AAS degree with knowledge of biology, chemistry
- 2 years experience in histopathology techniques
- Experience in working in a dermatopathology/ Mohs lab is an added advantage
- Frozen section knowledge would be beneficial
Part-time position - 5 days per week; 10am-4pm with some flexibility
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.