Product Design Manager
LocationNew York, NY
DeptStrategy & Innovation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Product Design Manager to join our MSK Data Products. This team is a cross functional group of engineers, designers, and data scientists. Our mission is to transform how technology and data are used to diagnose, treat and manage cancer. We build digital products that can have a direct impact on the lives of millions. You will have the rare opportunity to build and lead our Design team, focused on product design and user research for our next generation of clinician and patient facing products.
Does our opportunity sound exciting? Then you should apply.
- Be responsible for managing product design teams, including clinician and patient facing tools.
- Work alongside Product and Engineering to develop and influence the right product strategy.
- Oversee, influence, and optimize user research processes putting a premium on listening to users, both doctors and patients, and letting their users guide us to the best solutions.
- Manage, coach, and develop designers of all levels to achieve career goals and ensure professional growth
- Connect and build relationships with other managers across the organization to understand the MSK community and inform our products
- Create opportunities for team activities that build culture and drive clarity of purpose
- A manager and leader with practical management experience with designers in an agile product development environment
- A team builder with experience hiring product designers and creating the right scalable structures for your team to grow and thrive
- Collaborative with excellent people management skills and a desire to work with multi-disciplinary teams including product managers, engineers, marketers, and corporate executives.
- Clear and compelling in your presentation and communication style.
- A self-starter with an ability to excel in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Mission driven and motivated -- someone with a deep passion for building products that can touch people lives when they need it the most
Are you a match?
- 3+ years of experience leading design teams in an agile product development environment.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience, deliverables, and the ability to synthesize and simplify complex needs into useable tools
- BA/BS in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Sociology, Information Science, Interaction Design, related fields, or equivalent practical experience
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.