Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator-Pharm D-Bergen
DeptAllied Health - Pharmacy
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Our Pharmacy Department utilizes a multidisciplinary approach to patient care, where the emphasis is on therapeutic efficacy and safety. This will be a research-focused positon. We provide comprehensive, clinical and dispensing services in both inpatient and ambulatory care settings through a decentralized satellite pharmacy services model.
We are looking for a Clinical Coordinator to join our Bergen team. This role will Support Pharmacy services to include conventional and investigational chemotherapy /biologic therapy, retail pharmacy and Omnicell support for the OR/IR programs.
- Able to problem solve operational, personnel, and patient issues
- Highly motivated and able to motivate and work well with others; able to adapt to constantly changing environment
- Able to make sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
- Someone who has excellent communication skills and who supports the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions
- Someone who is able to follow through on commitments and who acts with a clear sense of ownership
- Able to build and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations
- Report to the Pharmacy Manager and work alongside Pharmacy Clinical Coordinators, Pharmacy Technicians, Retail Pharmacy Operations Coordinator, and with Bergen team Administrators, Nurses, and Physicians
- Be responsible for all aspects of chemotherapy order verification, order entry, mixing and checking
- Work closely with Pharmacy Manager to maintain adequate staffing on a daily basis for the Pharmacy, moving staff around to areas as needed to smooth work-flow and treat patients in a safe and timely manner
- Be involved in implementing new pharmacy technology and projects
- Assist with training new pharmacy staff; training and education of staff on new technologies, drug info, Omnicell usage etc.
- PharmD (or equivalent) required
- A valid NJ State Pharmacy license is required
- Pharmacists with 5 or more years experience in Chemotherapy Pharmacy practice is preferred
- Omnicell/PYXIS experience also preferred
- 37.5 hours per week
- Usually Monday – Friday, with hours falling between 7am and 8:30pm
- Will work approximately one Saturday per month (will replace a weekday of work)