Senior Administrative Assistant, Learning and Organization Development
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Learning & Organization Development Department (L&OD) provides consulting services to enhance and improve organizational, departmental, and individual performance. We are committed to developing employees at all levels through a variety of activities, workshops, lectures, coaching, and more. It is a key priority for MSK to hire, develop, engage, and retain talented and diverse employees who enable the achievement of MSK’s mission.
- Able to respond to issues with a systematic, problem-solving approach to anticipate and address challenges
- Results oriented and take on new opportunities with a sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm
- Able to manage multiple and changing priorities effectively
- Attentive to colleagues/clients and focus on understanding and meeting their needs
- Effective at communicating in a variety of situations and with audiences at all levels
- A skillful writer with exceptional attention to details
- Independently manage all administrative aspects of L&OD projects/programs, from planning to execution, including scheduling, participant tracking, training room set-up/breakdown, catering, and participant support.
- Manage inventory and production of all materials used in L&OD development programs.
- Coordinate activities and provide administrative and clerical support to the L&OD department, including telephone coverage, calendaring, vendor management, interactions with Finance and Procurement, time keeping, and mail distribution.
- Coordinate execution of departmental initiatives, including space projects, equipment exchanges, and technology implementation.
- Manage all aspects of recruitment for the department, including communications with candidates, assessment administration, and documentation.
- Draft and manage department-wide communications and meeting plans.
- Interact with internal clients at all levels of the organization and external vendors, representing the L&OD Department’s resources and capabilities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred with a major in adult education/learning, human resources, or related field
- 1-2 years of administrative experience
- Interest in human resources (preferred)
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.