End User Support Analyst
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are looking for an End User Support Analyst to join our team at MSK.
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Interpersonal, influencing and collaborative
- Able to respond effectively in writing.
- Able to write effective reports, instruction manuals and system documentation.
- Experienced in analyzing and identifying the strengths and weaknesses of options and exercising critical thinking, problem solving, and judgment skills.
- An individual with a track record of project completions on time and within budget or other constraints and past history of quality attention to detail.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Provide remote and desk side support for all desktop computers, specialty computing devices and software used by the Neurology department at MSKCC, to include computing devices at our main campus and all remote campus facilities.
- Provide support and assistance to users on hardware, software, and networking issues.
- Troubleshoot reported problems and documents diagnostic steps for issues related to various software, computers systems and periphery equipment.
- Conduct research to find solutions and implements the most appropriate solution. Work with hospital IT department and peers to resolve problems and escalate issues.
- Follow-up with internal customers to ensure that technical needs have been met.
- Work on a weekly rotating basis to “triage and dispatch” requests for support or assistance of the Help Desk.
- Respond to all requests for assistance, giving special consideration to problems that affect patient care/treatment.
- Maintain accounts and profiles, network shares and user’s permissions to various software systems.
- Coordinate with system stakeholders for system outages; such that software and hardware releases, bug fixes and/or operational improvements can be made.
- Perform server / system backup in accordance with enterprise backup policy and maintain application software as directed by department and hospital IT policies and procedures.
- 2-4 years of experience with LAN/WAN, Windows, Linux and desktop applications with knowledge of network essentials and concepts.
- Knowledge of computer and network systems typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience. MSP, MCSE and A+ Certification preferred.
- Open to: Early Duty 8am-4pm Monday through Friday; Day shift 9am-5pm Monday through Friday; Late duty 12-8pm with on-call coverage [pager] for evenings and weekends
- Willingness to move to a "the shift rotation”, on-call duty and moving to evening shift.
Does this sound like a match?
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.