Bioinformatics Engineer (Platform Informatics)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Biomedical Engineering
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you a talented, highly skilled engineer interested in building tools to improve existing infrastructure for patient sample tracking in next-generation sequencing analysis work flows?
Passionate about contributing meaningfully to contemporary progress in cancer research driven by advances in computing and data?
We are seeking a software engineer to join the Platform Informatics group within the Center for Molecular Oncology (CMO). The CMO promotes precision oncology through genomic analysis to guide the diagnosis and treatment of cancer patients. We bring together clinicians and scientists throughout Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center to conduct large-scale translational research involving molecular characterization of patient tumor specimens in order to identify correlations between genomic features and clinical outcomes.
- A software engineer committed to applying programming skills for research discovery and clinical benefit
- An expert in Java
- Skilled in Python
- An expert with UNIX/Linux command line
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, bioinformatics or other applied science with 2-4 years of software development experience. Master's degree in computer science, bioinformatics or other applied science
- Advanced experience in object-orientated programming (preferably Java), additional experience with Python
- Familiarity with software testing methodologies, design patterns, and clean code principles
- Thorough experience with relational databases
- Verbal communication skills to interact with both biologists and IT professionals
- Familiarity with Spring
- Familiarity with genomic data and metadata
- Experience with Laboratory Information Management Systems
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.