Cisco/Arista Network Engineer
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is transforming and modernizing its data centers to Software Defined Network environment. We are looking for a candidate with solid foundational knowledge and experience of networking concepts and technologies. Candidate will play a central role in designing and migrating our current Cisco infrastructure to an Arista based spine-leaf topology.
The candidate will be expected to explore and leverage the latest technologies available to meet the Hospital’s future needs. The role has a particular focus on modern datacenter network virtualization, convergence, and security.
The candidate should have experience in high-end network equipment (i.e. Cisco, Arista, Riverbed, Bluecoat, F5, Citrix), LAN/WAN protocols, network applications such as DNS, DHCP, and in-depth knowledge of network security policy and configuration.
Skill and Knowledge Requirements:
- The most vital skill we need is in-depth and hands-on experience with Cisco and Arista switch platforms, ideally in a Data Center environment.
- We are open to candidates who have experience in either Windows or Linux environements.
- Solid foundation in routing and switching. Strong background in network architecture design and troubleshooting.
- Strong working experience in implementing large scale network with VPC and spine-leaf network topologies.
- Strong practical experience with layer 2 extension protocols such as OTV and VXLAN.
- Strong understanding of network protocols and applications, such as EIGRP, OSPF, BGP. DNS, DHCP, SMTP, HTTP/HTTPS, Multicast, SNMP, Netflow and etc.
- Strong in troubleshooting different OSI layer issues and performance analysis by using sniffer tools
- Have experience in Linux/Unix and MS Windows servers, Active Directory and LDAP, VMWare, and open source applications
- Experience with configuring and managing firewalls, IPS, Proxy, DLP, and other network security tools
Skills that would be nice to have include:
- Understanding of virtual hypervisors, server hardware technologies, SAN and NAS
- Experience in Cloud services (AWS and Azure), modern datacenter architecture, and Software Defined Network (SDN)
Middletown, NJ or Lyndhurst, NJ
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.