(Part-Time) Clinical Dietitian/Nutritionist - Nassau
DeptAllied Health - Clinical Nutrition
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about food & nutrition? Do you love engaging with patients in a healthcare setting?
We are looking for a Part-Time Clinical Dietitian/Nutritionist Level II to make a difference for our patients at MSK.
The Department of Food and Nutrition Services provides excellent food, enhanced nutrition care, and excellent hospitality to those we serve through innovation, technology and a dedicated staff with clinical and culinary expertise.
- Part time dietitian-nutritionist at our Naussau location and inpatient clinical dietitian-nutritionists if needed.
- Provide comprehensive nutrition care to a variety of oncology patients.
- Conduct patient nutrition visits via telehealth, telephone or in-person.
- Assess nutrition needs, develop, implement/re-evaluate care plans for patients.
- Educate patients and caregivers and communicates patient issues to the healthcare team.
- Assist in the coordination of patients on home tube feedings.
- Serve as a nutrition expert on the healthcare team and provide training to nurses and physicians as needed.
- Participate in performance improvement, research and program development activities.
- Document clinical assessments appropriately and maintains accurate, complete records.
- Make a continuous effort to improve job performance and to develop work-related skills and expertise
Is your experience a match?
- Bachelors’ degree with major in Food & Nutrition, Dietetics or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of oncology experience, with at least one year in oncology nutrition
- Registered Dietitian Nutritionist, Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Certified Dietitian/Nutritionist, New York State Education Department, within 12 months of hire
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- Advanced level certification preferred: Certified Specialist in Oncology (CSO), Commission on Dietetic Registration; or Certified Diabetes Educator, National Certification Board for Diabetes Educators.
PT schedule - availability on Mon. & Fri. preferred