Azure Cloud Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a cloud engineer with expertise in Microsoft Azure to help build out our cloud resources. The position will be within the HPC group, but will support ongoing cloud needs across the institution. The HPC team primarily supports basic and clinical research projects that focus on cutting-edge cancer treatments at MSK.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Able to operate effectively, even when things are not clear or the way forward is not obvious
- Adept at learning quickly, applying insights from past efforts to new situations
- Perform system administration functions including monitoring system and network performance, troubleshooting system problems, maintaining user accounts and various tracking systems, and liaising with other institutional information system and information technology groups
- Actively manage cloud accounts (AWS and Azure) and make recommendations on how best to support our infrastructure and interact with Developers and Architects in cross-functional areas
- Participate in the creation of the overall multi-year cloud road map and strategy
- Work with internal teams and several third party vendors in big data and other areas to support our overall cloud initiatives
- Continually look at emerging cloud technologies and assess whether they are the right fit for MSK, with emphasis on creating cost savings and/or value-creation opportunities
- Ensure capacity planning is reviewed on a regular basis in conjunction with other stakeholders
- Redesign or refresh existing solutions to realign and meet our ever-changing business needs
- Own IT Engineering projects and ensure that the solutions are delivered in a timely manner within the resource, budgetary and timeframe requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field
- 2-7 years of systems administration or cloud engineering experience
- Experience with Azure (Microsoft) cloud platform is essential.
- Paid time off including vacation, bereavement, sick leave
- Paid Parental Leave
- Comprehensive medical, dental & vision, FSA and dependent care
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- 403(b) retirement savings plan match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter spending account
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.