Environmental Service Aide, OR - Monmouth, NJ
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Environmental Service Department at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in Monmouth, NJ is very important to patient care and the organization as a whole. We value the work completed by our Environmental Service Aides to provide a safe, clean and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors and staff.
- Capable of delivering excellent customer service.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success in making timely decisions.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to accomplish goals and live up to commitments.
- An effective communicator, able to identifying how to reach different audiences and communicate based on that understanding.
- Able to utilize a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insights into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Work to maintain a safe, clean and well-organized environment for our patients, their family, visitors and staff.
- Follow the Seven Step Cleaning guidelines outlined in the Environmental Services Aide (ESA) Manual.
- Follow hospital procedures and safety guidelines as outlined in the (ESA) Manual including, but not limited to:
- Removal of general, infectious waste and soiled linen.
- Completion of small moves.
- Proper mixture, storage and use of chemicals.
- Usage of cardboard bailer and trash compactor.
- Attend department and hospital meetings as scheduled.
- Complete additional projects or tasks as assigned by management.
- High School Diploma OR GED (preferred).
- Ability to use floor cleaning equipment.
- Operating Room cleaning experience
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk, bend and push items.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 30 lbs.
- Basic computer knowledge.
After completing our quick online application form, you will complete a profile assessment
It should take you about 25-30 minutes to complete.
IMPORTANT - Please make sure you click on the return to application button after completing the assessment to complete your application.
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.