Patient Financial Coord
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you adept at managing ambiguity and creative problem solving? Are you seeking a new opportunity in finance that will provide you the structure, mentorship and support that will help you excel in your career? If so, be a part of our growing Patient Revenue Department team and become our next Patient Financial Coordinator!
Please note, this position is located in Commack.
Patient Financial Coordinators are responsible for:
- Contacting patients via telephone prior to their scheduled Dr.’s appointment, and obtaining their demographic and financial information according to departmental documentation guidelines.
- Generating Medical Record Numbers as requested by any clinical areas that may need tests reviewed.
- Discussing financial options (in person or by telephone) with Managed Care Initiative patients who are considering additional services at Memorial.
- Providing patient with information regarding hospital billing and other administrative procedures.
- Follows up after the patient’s consult visit to determine status of actions taken and decisions made about continuing treatment at MSKCC.
- Using all system resources and completing thorough account analysis to respond to inquiries.
- Informing patients about their financial responsibilities, options and actions to be taken.
- Associates degree and 2-4 years of experience in patient finance/billing are strongly preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to provide exceptional patient service