Tech Sr, Biomed Equip
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Josie Robertson Surgery Center (JRSC) offers direct and ancillary patient care services. The JRSC has 12 operating rooms in which Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center physicians and staff perform surgical procedures for adult patients. There are 18 private rooms for the immediate preoperative preparation of these patients and 28 private rooms, with private bathrooms, for their postoperative care. On average, there are approximately 700 cases performed at JRSC per month, with the expectation of discharge within 24 hours after surgery, making the need for dedicated and rapidly available staff imperative to the success of the operation.
The Department of Medical Physics is seeking a Senior Biomedical Equipment Technician for their Biomedical Engineering Team. The main function of this role is to maintain, calibrate, construct, and verify the safety and proper operations of biomedical electronic equipment and systems.
- Assist in repairs, calibrate basic electromedical apparatus, record test data and repair records in a Biomedical Engineering Computer Database.
- Assist in the testing and evaluation of electromedical apparatus prior to purchase by the Center.
- Inspect, verify performance, and assist in the installation of new equipment; log new devices into computer inventory database upon receipt and inspection.
- Perform scheduled periodic maintenance (PM) and electrical safety testing of biomedical electronic equipment. For vendor-serviced equipment, communicate the PM status to vendor and the owner/user departments.
- Assist engineer and lead technician in development and preparation of maintenance, calibration, and test procedures.
- Upgrade equipment as per manufacturers specification and modify apparatus as directed by engineering staff.
- Construct electronic equipment from schematics and/or drawings as required and directed by engineers and lead technicians.
- Report all problems, input from other departments, hazards, and safety suggestions to supervisors as they occur.
- Provide operational or safety information to other departments as required.
- Work on repairs and periodic testing programs. Receive general supervision in day to day activities, close supervision in special projects.
- Contact vendors and suppliers as required.
- Assist in maintaining current technical literature and documentation for hospital and clinical engineering laboratory equipment.
- Initiate purchase requisitions for replacement parts and laboratory supplies as needed.
- Utilize technologies for location and tracking of inventory items.
- Perform other job-related duties as requested.
- Equivalent of 2 year AAS degree in Biomedical Electronic Technology plus two years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Analog and Digital electronics; use of oscilloscopes; digital multimeters, signal generators, etc.
1133 York Ave (Josie Robertson Surgery Center)
M-F from 4pm - 12am #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.