Clinical Nurse - Radiation Oncology Outpatient, Monmouth
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Nurse - Radiation Oncology Office Practice (Monmouth, N.J. Regional Site)
Hours: 8 & 10 hour shifts flexed between 8am and 10pm, with weekend rotation if needed. Float to NJ sites as needed (Evening Shift Position!)
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centrics.
- Seeking to strengthen your nursing skills in Radiation Oncology.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Provide clinical support to staff members, and assist with pre and post management of a caseload of patients receiving radiation therapy.
- Perform patient assessment and offer patient and family education and symptom management.
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up.
- New Jersey State RN license and BSN
- Radiation Oncology experience highly preferred
- 2 years of related medical/surgical experience required
- 1.5 -2 years of oncology experience highly preferred
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.