Bioinformatics Software Engineer III
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Biomedical Engineering
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you a talented, highly skilled engineer with experience developing robust, enterprise level contemporary software systems?
Passionate about contributing meaningfully to contemporary progress in cancer research driven by advances in computing and data?
Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe that this is an exciting role for someone who has the right background to be apart of our dynamic team and who wants to apply their skills to support our mission here.
We are seeking a Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join the Clinical Informatics group in the Department of Pathology at MSK. You will have the opportunity to work with a NGS assay used to identify and track clonal lymphocyte populations for B-cell and T-cell malignancies. Responsibilities involve analyzing high-throughput RepSeq data and developing user interface/portal for clinical signouts.
- Develop Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis pipelines.
- Implement and follow methodologies in software development, code versioning, software testing and deployment
- Use compute cluster (SGE) for data analyses.
- Provide one-on-one consultation and training in software development and scripting languages to research scientists and bioinformatics and software engineers.
- Excellent at troubleshooting and problem-solving, a quick-learner with excellent time management skills.
- A strong written and oral communicator with the ability to interact with non-specialists and advise on relevant software and tools.
- Master’s in Bioinformatics or Computer Science.
- 2+ years of experience developing Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) data analysis pipeline. Knowledge and experience working with RepSeq data preferred.
- 2+ years of professional experience with Java or Python
- xperience in developing and consuming RESTful APIs using Spring framework and Spring boot.
- Experience with data visualization and charting using D3 and R would be nice to have
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.