Clinical Trials Oncology Nurse - Commack, Long Island, N.Y. (Outpatient setting)
DeptNursing - Clinical Trials/Research
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Trials Nurse – Commack/RVC, Long Island, N.Y. Outpatient setting
Are you interested in developing your skills as Clinical Trials Nurse working with Oncology patients on Long Island?
We are providers:
• Compassionate, evidence-based nursing to Oncology patients and their families living with cancer in a healing and creative environment.
• Dedicated to relationship-based care for patients and staff.
• Involved in extensive clinical trials growing cancer treatment.
• Enrolled in ongoing educational opportunities and skill development.
• Nursing at MSK
• Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintains high standards of nursing care within the organization.
• Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development
• Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
• An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
• Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
• Facilitate accrual of appropriate patients to clinical trials.
• Coordinate patient care activities and participate in the conduct of studies for patients enrolled in clinical trials for multiple services including medicine and radiation oncology, etc.
• Educate those patients and their families regarding clinical trials in general and the specifics of the proposed clinical trial.
• Provide as an integral member of the clinical research team to research study participants direct nursing care, patient and study assessments, education and patient/ family support.
• Collaborate with principal investigator to review new protocols from a nursing perspective and participate in multidisciplinary discussion for approval.
• Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional and external agencies.
• Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of treatment on protocol and follow-up.
• New York State RN license
• Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
• Three years clinical Nursing experience
• 1.5 – 2 years of oncology experience required
• Clinical research nursing experience preferred but not necessary
• Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
This opportunity requires travel to MSKCC's Manhattan campus and to other MSKCC regional sites for cross coverage, scheduled meetings and training.
Hours: 10-hour shifts flexed between the hours of 8 am - 7 pm.