Computational Biologist (The Scott Lowe Lab)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Data Management & Analytics
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a Computational Biologist to join our team and provide bioinformatics support in the development of next-generation sequencing applications to characterize the spectrum and clinical significance of genetic mutations in human tumors. Our lab uses mouse models, RNA interference (RNAi), and cancer genomics to identify components of tumor suppressor gene networks and understand the molecular determinants of treatment response. The goal is to identify genes required for tumor maintenance and to understand the mechanisms involved in tumor progression. These genes may be potential therapeutic targets to various cancer genotypes, such as lung, liver, colon, stomach, pancreatic, and prostate cancer.
Experienced in the analysis of epigenetics data from high sequencing experiments and knowledge of single-cell RNA-sequencing technologies and ability to analyze and interpret single-cell RNA-seq data a plus.
- Design, develop, and operate computational pipelines for the analysis of next-generation sequencing data.
- Utilize gene set enrichment analysis to identify altered biological pathways that correlate with tumor progression.
- Evaluate performance of novel technology platforms and assays.
- Work directly with research groups to analyze biomedical data and address scientific problems with bioinformatics techniques and tools.
- Develop, refine, and improve bioinformatics tools for interpretation of large genomic data sets.
- Manage and archive large data sets from next-generation sequencing experiments
Does this sound like a match? If yes, you should apply.
- Experience with programming skill, such as R, Python, MatLab, etc.
- Analysis of NGS data – RNA-seq and ChIP-seq
- Variant calling – point mutations, indel, structural rearrangement, copy number changes
- Building analysis pipeline, basic genomic sequencing alignment
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.