Clinical Nurse- Chemotherapy, Bone Marrow Transplant patients, Ambulatory setting, NYC (12 hour shifts)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Is your next career step taking your skills and transitioning to MSK Ambulatory setting?
Do you have nursing experience working with Bone Marrow Transplant patients?
- Compassionate, evidence-based providers to Oncology patients and their families living with cancer in a healing and creative environment
- Dedicated to relationship based care model for patients and staff
- Involved in extensive clinical trials growing cancer treatment.
- Enrolled in ongoing educational opportunities and skill development
- MSK Nursing
- Eager to adopt new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of high energy, and enthusiasm
- Innovative thinker with ability to facilitate change
- A creative decision-maker, with shown success at making timely decisions that maintains excellent standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- An effective communicator
- Capable of building strong patient relationships and delivering patient-centered solutions
- Easily adaptable in an evolving environment
- Function in reciprocal Advanced Practice Provider based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Administer chemotherapy, supportive care, perform patient assessment, provide symptom management and patient/family education to early discharge Allogeneic transplant recipients
- Administer conditioning chemotherapy, supportive care, perform patient assessment, provide symptom management and patient and family education to active Autologous transplant recipients
- Provide chemotherapy and assist with management of patients receiving Car T Cell therapy
- Utilize telemedicine to provide supportive care and patient assessments to homebound transplant recipients
- Participate in multidisciplinary care to transplant patients in the home setting
- Participate in the implementation of patient education and clinical support programs to ensure optimal care throughout the healthcare continuum
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of Bone Marrow transplant.
- New York State RN license and BSN
- Inpatient Bone Marrow Transplant experience preferred
- 2 years recent experience with Hematology/BMT Oncology patients
- National certification strongly preferred
Hours: Full-time days (7:30-8:00) and weekend rotation
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.