Information Technology (IT) Internship - Summer 2019
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 29th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2019, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2019. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Technology (IT) team at MSK is seeking undergraduate students ready to immerse themselves in technology solutions and make an actionable impact in the fight against cancer.
We have exciting opportunities available to collaborate with our exceptional Healthcare IT teams during a full-time, paid, 11-week internship program in NYC and New Jersey:
- Information Technology
- Information Security
- Systems Programming
- Web & Application Development
- High Performance Cloud Computing
- Data Hosting & Strategy Solution
- Network Engineering, Desktop Support, Server & Storage
- Enthusiastic about IT and have a strong sense of curiosity to explore and implement new technical solutions
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments
- Professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
You must be:
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program, preferably entering your Junior or Senior year
- Majoring in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Telecommunications or other Information Technology (IT) related field
You have (program-specific skills):
- Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby, HPC (Cloud Computing)
- MacOS, Windows 7/10, Linux/Windows Server, Storage Subsystems, Virtualization and Layer 2/3 Networking
• In progress degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), SQL, CS Fundamentals (Data Strategy)
To find out more about the program and the areas for opportunity, please click this link IT Intern Program.
Please apply online by March 15, 2019. When completing your application, please include which programs you’d be interested in, as well as your specific skills in the screening questions.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.