LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Admitting Department is operational 24/7, 365 days a year and plays a critical role, interfacing with almost every department or unit in the center. The Admissions Representative is responsible for obtaining complete and accurate patient information during the inpatient admission process and collects insurance forms, signatures and payments. He / She will have interaction with patients, family, clients, and Center employees who depend on high quality, accuracy and timeliness of their work. The Admissions Representative will help coordinate appointment times with O.R Schedulers and provide vital information to patients prior to their visit. He / She will also assist clinicians with completion of death certificates.
- Perform check-in procedure for patients upon their arrival to admissions, and prepare them for their visit.
- Review bed status in Bed tracking for patients awaiting beds for admission.
- Assist patients with other needs (e.g., storing belongings, escorting to elevators, parking, hotel information).
- Instruct patients to complete a medical record request and forward to Clinical Information Center (CIC) via fax or mail when patient requests it.
- Take requests for private rooms and check availability with bed control. Obtains signatures from patient or family member.
- Print Operation Room list from Scheduling system and review to determine admission times according to departmental OR scheduling guidelines.
- Review with senior representative for verification.
- Calls patients daily to notify of admission time and report location.
- Obtain financial and demographic information pertaining to the patient account in a timely manner.
- Thoroughly explain inpatient admission documents and procedures and obtain signatures. Collect deposits for private rooms and payments as it relates to patient financial services.
- Prepare and review charts for inpatient and surgical cases.
- Assist Physician with completing the N.Y.S. death certificate and autopsy consent.
- High School Diploma with 1-2 years of relevant experience required.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Compassion and understanding needed to meet the needs our patient population.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Monday – Friday, 1 PM – 9 PM, flexibility to work weekend or various shifts if needed #LI-POST
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.