Senior DataStage Developer
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Information Services Department is seeking a Programmer Analyst II to develop Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) processes for our three Data Warehouses.
- Collection of requirements; analysis of the raw data; participation in creation of the logical design; work with DBAs on the physical design, code of the ETL processes.
- System testing, participation in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and implementation of the process.
- Adhere to the project development cycle methodology and for every development and produce necessary documentation that will include plans, diagrams, data dictionaries, etc.
- Participate in off hours production support on revolving basis.
- Respond to scheduled and ad hoc requests for off hours resolution of production problems.
- BS or BA degree in Computer Information Science or related field.
- One or more years working full time in an organization supporting data warehousing environment
- Strong working knowledge of SQL, working knowledge of Data Stage ETL tool with an ability to deliver efficient, reliable and error-free code, some exposure to database design – both relational (3rd form) and star schema, some exposure to UNIX (AIX),strong ability to interrogate and analyze data, knowledge of MS Office tools (Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Visio, Project)
- Very good written and verbal communication skills, ability to plan and follow established plans, ability to follow established guidelines and policies.
- While the position is 9 to 5, it will require periodic and ad hoc off hours support including weekends and holidays.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.