Data Quality Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Would you like to utilize your superior data engineering skills to support MSK’s mission? Do you want to be part of a team that values your contributions and encourages you to grow?
Our Data Strategy team is committed to facilitating the efficient delivery of reliable data to the physicians and researchers working to discover more-effective strategies to prevent, control, and ultimately cure cancer in the future.
We are seeking a Data Quality Engineer who understands the critical value that prepared data provide for next-generation analytics. You will serve as the primary SSIS developer on our team and use all the functionality within SSIS (such as Data Profiling, Script Components using C#, and connecting to APIs to retrieve data). Through your dedication to building self-monitoring, robust, scalable interfaces and data pipelines, you will deeply reduce the time-to-insight for healthcare professionals, researchers, and the advanced analytics teams providing innovative, best-in-class solutions.
- MSKTranslate: A program designed to transform free-text fields using common external ontologies, which provides clearer links within clinical information regarding patient outcomes
- Data Quality Initiative: A streamlined process to troubleshoot data quality issues to ensure resolution within days
- Genomic data integration, which allows principal investigators to match patients to the most appropriate clinical trials
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or MIS
- 3 - 5 years of experience with both C# and all functionality in SSIS
- Exceptional CS fundamentals and analytical skills
- Experience and comfort with XML
- Proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated skill with performance tuning and error logging in SSIS
- Familiarity with REST API
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.