Clinical Nurse - Medical Office Practice (Bergen)
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Medical Oncology Office Practice RN-New MSK Facility in Bergen County!
Hours: 10 hour days flexed between 8am and 6pm, Monday through Friday. Weekend rotation and float to All MSK NJ Regional Locations, if necessary.
We Are: In June 2018, we will open a new outpatient facility in Montvale, New Jersey. Residents of Bergen County and beyond will now have easier access to the unsurpassed expertise and outstanding cancer care of MSK, as we will provide comprehensive care through multidisciplinary care teams solely focused on cancer. Patients will benefit from access to personalized medicine, cutting-edge clinical trials, and cancer care for the whole patient, all offered under one roof. Our video library highlights the amazing work-life here at MSK. http://careers.mskcc.org/career-areas/nursing/
- An experienced Medical/Surgical and Ambulatory Care Registered Nurse (RN)
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged
- Approachable – someone who is comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you
- An effective communicator
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model
- Provide clinical support to staff members, and assist with management of a caseload of Medical Oncology patients
- Perform patient assessment, offer patient and family education and symptom management
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care throughout various stages of treatment and follow-up
- New Jersey State RN license
- Minimum of 2 years of related clinical experience in an acute care setting (required)
- 1-2 years of oncology experienced in an ambulatory care setting highly preferred
- OCN highly preferred