Care Coordinator I, Westchester
LocationWest Harrison, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Start your career at Memorial Sloan Kettering and you’ll find yourself quickly making a difference in the lives of our patients. When you join us as a Care Coordinator I at Westchester, you will find meaningful work and become part of a team where everyone plays an important role in the fight against cancer. Making a difference in the lives of others. This is a life’s calling.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with a team to meet shared objectives and goals
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and challenge yourself, using both formal and informal development
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Passionate about working in a healthcare setting and committed to delivering a best-in-class patient experience
- Work as a member of practice staff team of Care Coordinators to ensure that each physician practice session is well-prepared, organized, and fully utilized and that each patient visit occurs with satisfaction
- Serve as a liaison between the patient, family, and clinical team during the office visit
- Greet/check-in and orient patients to the outpatient visit and to the environment, as well as complete the patient visit by scheduling and coordinating all appropriate tests, procedures, visits, treatments and consultations in accordance with the physicians’ orders
- An associate’s or 2 years college (required); bachelor’s degree (preferred). A high school diploma/GED and 2 years relevant experience (frontline, patient-facing role in healthcare) in lieu of the associate’s degree.
- A proven dedication to healthcare through work, internship, or volunteer experience.
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to handle acutely ill patients in stressful situations with a positive demeanor
- Ability to provide at least a 2 year commitment
Hours vary between 6:15am and 10:00 pm (Monday-Friday, occasional Saturdays). Schedules are provided one week in advance and flexibility between shifts is expected.
In order to be considered for the Care Coordinator position, you are required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. During the application process for this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment, which will take about 45 minutes to complete.
Some of the questions in the assessment may refer to your past jobs or work experiences. If a question does not appear to apply to you exactly, consider the general intent and answer it as accurately as possible. For example, if you have not yet been formally employed in a full time job, consider part-time jobs you have had, or relevant work experiences you may have had in school, volunteer, or community organizations when answering these questions.
Application Hiring Process
West Harrison, NY
Residents of New York’s Hudson Valley and Connecticut are offered many of the same treatments as at our other facilities, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy and radiation. 500 Westchester Avenue, West Harrison, NY