Clinical Research Specialist - Basking Ridge, NJ
LocationBasking Ridge, NJ
DeptResearch - Clinical
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. Our extraordinary scientists and clinicians work together to drive innovation and tackle some of the greatest challenges of biomedical science. We are seeking a Clinical Research Specialist focusing on responsibilities related to the coordination of clinic in our Basking Ridge regional office.
As a Clinical Research Specialist, you may be assigned to the following type of projects:
- Clinic administration of research patients and clinician support
- Preceptorship of research staff
- Special projects (i.e. short-term studies, RSA training, etc)
The service (Basking Ridge, NJ) requires the Specialist to have at least 2 years of clinical research experience to ensure adequate knowledge of research and institutional systems to decrease the length of onsite training and increase project productivity. Are you looking for an opportunity to get experience on research projects in a variety of departments and services within the clinical research community at MSK? Apply today!
- Curious and eager to take on a wide variety of problems across the clinical research community at MSK
- Adaptable to the demands of other internal groups
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable to achieve goals and live up to obligations
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Resilient in recovering from setbacks and skilled at finding detours around obstacles
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances within the various departments
- Interested in gaining exposure to medical terminology and the various disease types treated at MSK
- You are familiar with and excited about working with and organizing large amounts of data
- Be responsible for coordinating and performing tasks in clinic
- Provide clinic support by assisting with patient management on study
- Support and help ensure complete regulatory compliance and data collection in clinic
- Coordinate meetings with the PIs and provide assistance to other RSAs as needed
- Ensure that all appropriate institutional, state, and federal regulations are followed throughout the research protocols
- Assist with training new staff members as needed
- Assist with short-term projects and provide cross-coverage to various research teams
- A Bachelor’s degree plus two year’s clinical research experience
- Excellent problem-solving abilities to analyze situations, draw conclusions, make recommendations as needed and convey this information in a timely and proficient manner
- The ability to multitask and use specialized knowledge and experience to handle complex work assignments, including cross-coverage throughout the institution
- A dedication to attention to detail and a natural inclination to take initiative
- Initially 9am – 5pm (Monday-Friday) for training, then eventually 10:30-6:30pm (Monday-Friday)