Occupational Therapist (NYC)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAllied Health - Rehabilitation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking to hire a licensed Occupational Therapist (OT) with experience working with Adult and Pediatric patients to join our exceptional team. At Memorial Sloan Kettering, we offer a variety of rehabilitation services to help patients throughout all phases of treatment. Not only will you receive world-class training, but you will have the opportunity to help patients regain their cognitive strength abilities and functional independence in the acute care setting and in a state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility!
- Conduct comprehensive assessments and reassessments of rehabilitative needs. Based on assessment findings, develop individualized patient goals and a treatment plan for each patient.
• Provide a variety of treatment techniques that are safe, creative and patient specific. Treatment choices are made based on each patient’s functional deficits, individualized goals and established treatment plan.
• Collaborate with all team members, including the patient and their family, to ensure optimal patient care while in the hospital and to establish an appropriate plan for discharge.
• Engage in projects and/or activities to maintain and advance professional competency.
- New York State Licensure required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy or a relevant field of study.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Acute care and/or Oncology experience preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with a pediatric patient population is a plus.
• Flexibility with hours between 8:00-6:00. Weekend schedule/coverage required.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.