Supervisor of Appointments and Promotions – Department of Medicine (DoM)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Hospital Administration
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Supervisor of Appointments and Promotions will:
• Oversee, review and edit (as needed) all DoM appointments and promotions packages and memorandums, supervise Appointments and Promotions Coordinators, act as liaison/primary point of contact for Weill Cornell Medical Center appointments and promotions
• Provide support for the DOM Chairman and Academic Affairs leadership - Supervise support to Chairman, Vice Chair of Academic Affairs, Associate Chair of Academic Affairs, and Associate Chair for Faculty Development for academic affairs.
• Maintenance of Faculty Database - Initiate and drive the implementation of a web-based system for depositing, editing, revision, and management of promotions, appointments and annual re-appointments, as well as updating web-based portal for access of faculty to monitor status of promotions.
• Faculty Searches and On-boarding of Special Recruits - Orchestrate the organization of DoM search committees.
• Action-oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
• A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
• Detail oriented and adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
• A Bachelor’s degree or 4 years of job-related work experience in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
• 2 years of relevant experience in Healthcare Administration.
• Strong Editorial and Writing Skills are essential.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.