Healthcare Analytics Analyst, Sr. (SQL Developer, Tableau, Crystal reports)
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Patient Financial Services Department at MSK is seeking a Healthcare Analytics Analyst, Sr. to supports the Patient Revenue Department with analysis and monitoring of the billing and collection activity for MSKCC’s technical gross revenue of approximately 8 billion dollars.
The Healthcare Analytics Analyst, Sr. will:
- Be responsible for the development of database solutions as well as the interpretation and presentation of financial information.
- Provide high-level reporting solutions and analytic support for users ranging from line staff and supervisors to senior executives.
- Generate and analyze standard reports of financial data to identify and track trends throughout MSKCC Departments.
- Plan, design and implement custom database solutions that will extract large data sets from multiple sources.
- Integrate and stage data.
- Prepare customized reports on special projects and studies utilizing appropriate databases and software packages.
- Participate in special projects within the Patient Accounts, Patient Financial Services and other areas of the organization.
- Manage documentation of processes, reports, database relationships and special circumstances.
- Modifies documentation as needed.
The Healthcare Analytics Analyst, Sr. is:
- Skilled at using specialized knowledge and job-related experience to handle complex work assignments and guide less experienced staff; may function as a lead worker and head project teams.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, independent and eager to learn/teach new technologies.
- Talented with organizing and presenting data in a way that tells compelling stories and drives decisions.
The Healthcare Analytics Analyst, Sr. has:
- A Bachelor’s Degree and experience as a business analyst, or related experience.
- At least two years experience designing robust data architectures.
- Proficiency in relational databases (e.g., SQL Server, DB2) and analytic tools with the ability to design and develop complex SQL queries and procedures.
- Experience with Tableau, Crystal reports or other business information software a plus.
- Strong experience with a broad range of methodologies and tools and is curious to learn/discover new ones to address the department’s needs.
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.