Clinical Trials Nurse - Myeloma Outpatient Ambulatory, NYC
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Ambulatory
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Clinical Trials Nurse - Myeloma Ambulatory setting, NYC
Hours: 10 hour days flexed Monday - Friday
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment
- Nursing at MSKCC
- Action-oriented and eager to embrace new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that maintain high standards of nursing care within the organization.
- Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged, using both formal and informal development channels.
- Approachable and comfortable with diverse groups of people and able to make others comfortable with you.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Capable of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Provide as an integral member of the clinical research team provide direct nursing care to research study participants.
- Implement the standards for research protocols in compliance with regulatory, institutional and external agencies.
- Work within a Nurse-Physician based Ambulatory Care Practice Model.
- Perform patient assessment, offer patient education and patient/family support
- Act as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide continuity of care to patients throughout various stages of Myeloma treatment on protocol and follow-up.
- Participate in an individualized training/orientation program geared to teaching or reinforcing the principles of Clinical Trials Nursing practiced at MSKCC
- New York State RN license
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing
- Three years clinical Nursing experience
- 1.5 – 2 years of oncology experience required
- Clinical research nursing experience preferred but not necessary
- Proficiency with clinical and office software (Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel)
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.