Sr. Data Engineer
LocationNew York, NY
DeptStrategy & Innovation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about contributing meaningfully to battling cancer? Then join us here at MSK, where we can provide you with the opportunity to make a difference with your career. We believe this is a very exciting opportunity for someone who has the right skillset and drive to make an impact to support our mission.
MSK Data Products Group is a multidisciplinary group of scientists, engineers and designers operating as a startup inside MSK. Our mission is to make sense of clinical information to help clinicians and patients make better health decisions. We employ a big deal of Machine Learning and process significant amounts of data to achieve this.
The Senior Data Engineer for the Data Products Group will contribute to lead Memorial Sloan Kettering’s efforts to build a world-class machine learning platform for healthcare data, patient outcomes, and cancer treatments.
- A software engineer with extensive experience in enterprise software development. What we mean by this is that you’ve built enterprise systems before, where you had to deploy software into production multiple times a day and where you had to think carefully about scalability and performance
- Comfortable working with multiple languages, e.g. system languages such as C, C++; system-like languages like Golang or Java; and high-level languages like Python
- Experienced scaling up or increasing application resiliency
- Competent with RDMS and can explain ANSI isolation levels
- Somewhat familiar with containerization, e.g. Docker, and cloud providers such as AWS and Azure
- Experienced working in an autonomous agile environment, we use Agile Pods here
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or another quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience building production software
- Strong software engineering skills in Java, C++, and/or Python.
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms, software architecture, TDD
Nice To Have
- Understanding of Machine Learning algorithms, not mandatory, we can help you
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.