Internal Medicine Physicians/Emergency Physicians - Urgent Care Center
LocationNew York, NY
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is one of the world’s premier cancer centers, committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. The blending of research with patient care is at the heart of everything they do. The institution is a comprehensive cancer center whose purposes are the treatment and control of cancer, the advancement of biomedical knowledge through laboratory and clinical research, and the training of scientists, physicians and other health care workers.
The Urgent Care Service in the Department of Medicine at MSK is seeking to hire full-time faculty members. The Urgent Care Serice cares for all adult patients of the institution (medicine, surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, etc.). While this is predominantly a clinical position, teaching opportunities are plentiful and research is encouraged.
Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Urgent Care Service coordinates care at its emergency room located at its main campus at Memorial Hospital in Manhattan as well as at its regional sites in the Greater Metropolitan area. The Manhattan site is currently open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Our Westchester site is slated to be open round the clock the Summer of 2019. Additional sites in Nassau County and New Jersey currently have extended weeday only hours. Our clinical staff evaluates and manages problems related to:
- Medical and surgical complications
- Side effects of cancer treatments
Members of the team are leaders in their respective fields and many serve principal roles in national and international professional groups. They have also made key contributions to setting many of the standards for the care of cancer patients in areas such as patient safety and end-of-life support.
- Clinically evaluate and manage patients requiring urgent medical care
- Determine patient suitability for discharge or hospitalization
- Supervise Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants caring for patients in 23-hour short stay observation units as well as provide independent patient care
- Participate in Tele-triage and Virtual Video care
- Participate in educational and research activities
- Serve on institutional and service committees
- Clinicians will have night and weekend responsibility and may practice at more than one site
- An M.D., M.D./Ph.D., or equivalent with excellent clinical, communication and team skills
- Board certification in internal medicine or emergency medicine
- Licensure in the state of New York or eligibility for a medical license in New York and New Jersey is required
Interested applicants should submit an application including a CV, bibliography, cover letter stating interest and three references.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.