Supervisor, Environmental Services - David H. Koch Center
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
As one of the world's premier cancer centers, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center is committed to exceptional patient care, leading-edge research, and superb educational programs. We are seeking multiple Environmental Service Supervisors for our brand new David H. Koch Center, between 73rd and 74th street on the Upper East Side of Manhattan.
Service is at the heart of everything we do at MSKCC. All of our employees deliver first-class service to our patients. The Environmental Services team plays a significant role in providing a safe, clean, and pleasant environment for patients, staff, and visitors which supports the Center’s mission of delivering high-quality patient care.
The Environmental Services Supervisor, under the direction of the Manager, ensures the team consistently provides efficient and effective high quality environmental services. The supervisor’s primary responsibility is to practice dynamic supervision of the operations by engaging, leading and supporting staff. The ideal candidate for this position is a professional committed to excellence, partnership and performance improvement who has the technical expertise and leadership ability to help the department achieve its vision of being a leader in its industry.
- Staff Supervision: Directs and supervises activities of staff in assigned area. Orients, trains, and evaluates the performance of staff.
- Operations: Supervises area operations and prioritizes workflow to meet the needs of the department and ensure efficient and financially sound operations.
- Supply Management: Ensures sufficient supplies are available to meet the needs of the department.
- Quality Assurance/Regulatory Compliance: Monitors and enforces compliance to departmental standards and regulatory requirements.
- Performance Improvement: Participates in operational performance improvement initiatives and engages in professional development activities
- Administrative Functions : Prepares payroll, places orders, maintains all records, prepares corrective actions documents
- High School diploma or relevant equivalent experience
- 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Lead experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic knowledge of computers operations.
- Must be able to handle stressful situations
- Must be able to stand, walk and/or continuously move around; ability to push, pull, lift and/or carry heavy objects (20lbs or more) without the aid of physical devices. Visual ability to monitor instructions and computers, distinguish characters (letters, numbers) observe physical characteristics.
- Able to work weekends when necessary
- Must be flexible to work different shifts as per department need
After completing our quick online application form, you will complete a profile assessment on our partner site, Pymetrics.
It should take you about 25-30 minutes to complete.
IMPORTANT - Please make sure you click on the return to application button after completing the assessment to complete your application.
Note; If you already have a Pymetrics account under this email for a different application, login with your existing account. Please do not make a new account.
If you are on mobile, download the Pymetrics mobile app (pymetrics.com/downloads) but do not register.
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.