Data Analyst - Operational Excellence Program (Op-Ex)
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Data Management & Analytics
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The mission of the Operational Excellence Program (Op-Ex) at MSK is to partner with key collaborators and identify projects and initiatives that deliver the ideal end-to-end, experience to every patient and family through a culture of innovation, teamwork and continuous improvement.
We are currently seeing a Data Analyst to support the work of the team by gathering, interpreting and presenting data. The role will develop computational tools and lead analyses that provide insight for enterprise-wide projects. Are you ready to join our creative team?
- Gathers information and data from disparate teams, groups, sources, and systems to obtain necessary details and complete analysis to support projects
- Data Mining, Analysis and Reporting - Meet with hospital leadership and/or project sponsors and stakeholders to understand business need and context for data requirements; Consult and understand business needs and transforming business questions into data-driven, analytical questions to clarify, quantify, or further support business needs.
- Collaboration, Planning and Coordination - Present results of analysis performed to a wide variety of differing audiences, translating technical and detailed data into action plans and/or recommendations; Support Senior Project Managers for assigned projects and may be asked to take lead role in smaller projects, where appropriate.
- Liaison/Communications - Initiate and maintain continual dialogue with internal stakeholders regarding project scope/details, directions, tasks, timeline and build executive level dashboards to simplify conclusions around complex data sets.
- Reviews and discusses operational and financial processes to supplement and contextualize data analyses.
- You have experience with project management, process improvement and/or Change Management frameworks.
- Able to develop, collect and interpret data from large, complex data sources.
- Effective in translating, visualizing, and communicating detailed analyses to all levels of the organization (including executive leadership).
- Experienced in working with financial data.
- Bachelor's degree with a background in Business Administration or Computer Science, Information Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Operations, Engineering or other quantitative Field.
- 4-7 years of relevant experience required including 2+ years of experience using SQL to query large relational databases.
- Master's degree with healthcare experience preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with Cognos, Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, or other Business Intelligence platforms preferred.
- Experience using a scripting language (e.g. R, Python, Stata) to create reproducible analyses required. Familiarity with Git /GitHub a plus. #LI-MA1
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.