Manager, Outpatient Facilities - MSK Bergen
DeptProfessional - Hospital Administration
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Outpatient Facilities Manager for our regional site in Bergen County, NJ manages a large scope of Support Service job groups and operations at one or more Ambulatory Care sites; groups may include Facilities, Supply Chain, Receiving and Distribution, Mailroom, Dispatch, Transportation, Environmental Services, Security, and associated outside vendor services. Administers programs to educate and train staff as well as develops policies and procedures for all areas of responsibility. Engages in continuous process improvement. Collaborates with clinical and non-clinical staff to ensure timely and efficient delivery of services. Ensures adherence to MSK and third party regulatory requirements; oversees fiscal activity of staff and operations for all assigned areas.
- Hire, train, orient, and manage the performance of all assigned staff
- Oversee operations in assigned areas / job groups, which include Facilities, Supply Chain, Receiving and Distribution, Mailroom, Dispatch, Transportation, Environmental Services, and vendor services
- Manage the daily operations of all assigned areas and groups
- Be responsible for the overall maintenance of the ambulatory care site, and ensure that all areas are maintained in a safe and appropriate manner
- Collaborate with outside vendors, key stakeholders, MSK Procurement and Facilities Management to coordinate a smooth execution of all facility-related projects to ensure the maintenance of a comfortable and inviting environment for patients and staff
- Ensure appropriate financial controls and oversee fiscal activity all assigned areas and job groups
- A minimum of an Associate’s degree with 5 years relevant experience or High school degree with 10 years relevant experience.
- Supervisory or management experience strongly preferred
- Experience with outside vendors strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree with 2-3 years relevant experience preferred but not required
Requires frequent, often heavy, lifting; walking throughout the Hospital; possible driving between MSK sites; ability to lift 50 lbs, and push, pull, bend, and stand for long periods of time.
9 am - 5 pm, Monday-Friday, Flexibility required; possible weekends.
Please note that the Outpatient Facilities Manager for MSK-Bergen will occasionally have to travel to other MSK sites in New Jersey and Manhattan for meetings.