Nursing Clinical Analyst cc 20071/23739
LocationNew York, NY
DeptNursing - Informatics
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Nursing Clinical Analyst-Registered Nurse (RN)
Nursing Informatics' goal is to bring new knowledge to the bedside by integrating the most current technology with MSKCC nursing practice. We provide access for our nurses to current, evidence-based, and creative ideas and technologies that will enable us to deliver the highest quality of cancer care possible.
The Nursing Informatics team is seeking an exceptional Clinical Nurse Analyst to join the team.
As a Clinical Nurse Analyst, you will provide support to the Informatics Staff with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining clinical information systems.
Are you ready to change the way the world sees cancer?
- A team who support and maintain the vital information systems used by MSKCC nurses and other clinicians in the delivery of patient care.
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Committed to high standards of productivity.
- Collaborate with clinical, administrative and informatics staff in planning, designing, developing, implementing, maintaining, and evaluating clinical information systems as they relate to nursing and other clinical users.
- Work collaboratively in the design, testing and implementation of clinical information systems.
- Develop, implement, and coordinate training activities.
- Engage in quality control and facilitate change management.
- Work in the capacity of a "clinical system expert".
- Lead aspects of nursing related activities of Clinical System implementation Projects to meet timelines.
- Coordinate implementation, ongoing operation and support, upgrades, enhancements, interfaces and integration with existing and new systems.
- Develop procedures/workflows that document current and proposed processes.
- Provide specifications for the preparation and design of ad hoc reports to meet internal and external reporting needs.
- Apply insights and a variety of analytical techniques to conceive process improvements and develop effective solutions to operational issues.
- New York State RN license.
- Bachelor's in Nursing (BSN).
- A minimum of 5 years clinical experience required (preferably in an acute care).
- Master's in Nursing Informatics and clinical systems implementation required.
Hours: Days, Monday - Friday.LI-TA1
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.