Room Service Assoc
LocationNew York, NY
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you a hardworking, engaging and enthusiastic individual?Do you want to be a part of positively impacting the day of many patients? Then, apply to join us at MSK. We are hiring Room Service Associates to work at 1275 York Ave.
We want to bring on team members who are passionate about hospitality and dedicated to delivering exceptional communication at all times. You will perform a variety of functions to ensure wonderful service to all patients, staff, and visitors in the hospital.
We set high expectations for our RSA's including: welcoming new patients, introducing them to the room service program, distributing menus and meal trays, and maintaining supplies as needed. Additionally, you will act as a liaison with the Clinical Dietitian and Nursing personnel.
- Generates and prints all necessary reports
- Uses exception file and unit round sheet to ensure that every patient listed has a menu to be distributed; checks that information on the menu (i.e., name, room number, identification number, and diet order) corresponds with unit round sheet/exception file.
- Ensures that corrective action is taken if information is incorrect or missing.
- Resolves which patients have not received menus; distributes menus at established times.
- Assesses which meal ordering system is appropriate during the patient’s stay based on established criteria.
- Assists patients to make meal selections on menu; offers substitutions if patient is unsatisfied with standard menu options.
- Contacts patients who did not order a meal on assigned units
- Identifies reason(s) for missed meal and resolves appropriate intervention as per departmental procedures.
- Distributes and collects meal trays, nourishments, feedings, nourishments or snacks on assigned floors, within established timeframes.
- Responds to and follows up on requests and questions from all individuals within agreed upon time frames.
- Ensures clear understanding of patient requests and asks questions when necessary.
- Provides information based on job knowledge to clarify issues, explain procedures, provides alternatives and lessen anxiety
- Responds to special requests or additional items immediately
- Refers to other appropriate staff when necessary
Is your background a fit?
- Excellent customer service
- Minimum 1-2 years of hospitality experience in a hotel or food & beverage setting
- Ability to read, write and understand instructions
- High school or G.E.D
- Availability: Full time/open availability required - flex shifts scheduled Monday-Sunday between the hours of 6 am to 9 pm
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.