Director, Research Financial Management
LocationNew York, NY
DeptProfessional - Research Administration
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you passionate about working on complex issues where analysis of situations requires in depth knowledge and expertise? Do you thrive on creating a high performance culture, encouraging development amongst your team? Do you want to apply your background to contribute to MSK's mission of dedication to exceptional cancer care, innovative research, and forward-thinking education?
If so, we have an exciting opportunity for a Director of Research Financial Management (RFM) to join our Office of Research and Projects Administration (ORPA) leadership team. The Director is a key leader in ORPA, directing and managing the RFM team and driving best in class practices. This position requires a commitment to operational excellence, through a culture of continuous improvement, collaboration, innovation and partnership.
- Be responsible for the strategic planning and programming initiatives affecting the Management of MSK's research funding portfolio and Sloan Kettering Institute corporation funds for research.
- Establish and oversee a control environment for central post-award grant and financial management of government (e.g., federal, state), non- government, industry sponsored and institutional funds, in alignment with federal and other accounting principles, as required.
- Collaborate with the ORPA leadership team to direct and promote the strategic management of MSK's research funding portfolio.
- Liaise with MSK senior leadership, faculty, administration and external sponsors, taking a broad view to client-focused research financial management.
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight for new programmatic initiatives and activities related to RFM and compliance associated with federal, sponsor and institutional financial reporting.
- Create and propagate a supportive team environment and a culture focused on high performance
- Ensure compliance with all rules for the Financial Management of grants and contracts and related institutional policies, procedures, quality standards, improvement initiatives and external legal regulations which includes working with other departments to establish compliant internal controls.
- Knowledgeable about your business and the marketplace and able to apply this knowledge to advance our goals.
- A cultivator of innovation who builds and fosters new ways for the organization to be successful.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep MSK moving forward.
- A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Able to hold yourself and others accountable into achieve goals and live up to commitments.
- Skilled at painting a compelling picture of MSK’s strategy and vision that motivates others to action.
- A Bachelors degree
- A Masters and/or CRA certification are preferred
- A minimum of 7-10 years experience in research administration and/or non-profit finance administration experience
- A minimum of 4-7 years experience leading and developing a team.
- Experience working in a post award environment in an Academic/Medical or Research Institution
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.