Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) Inpatient Lymphoma/Myeloma and Leukemia Services - DAYS
LocationNew York, NY
DeptAdvanced Practice Provider
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) Inpatient Lymphoma/Myeloma and Leukemia Services
We are seeking an Advanced Practice Provider (Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner) for the inpatient Lymphoma/Myeloma and Leukemia Services. The APP in this role will work in inpatient Leukemia or Lymphoma/Myeloma, depending upon the area of greatest need. The APP will provide comprehensive care to meet the medical and psychosocial needs of medical oncology inpatients, implement and evaluate standards of care, and participate in research necessary to establish exemplary, evidence-based care. This is a great opportunity to gain expertise in multiple disease types.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced inpatient environment.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Join a robust APP team
- Collaborate with physicians and healthcare team members
- Provide comprehensive care to hospitalized patients
Qualifications needed for a PA candidate are:
- Graduate from an accredited PA program
- NCCPA certification
- Active NYS license or be qualified for state license
- BLS & ACLS certification
Qualifications needed for an NP candidate are:
- Current New York State (NYS) RN and NP licenses/registrations
- Master’s degree in nursing, prescriptive privileges (or eligibility)
- Related National NP certification
- BLS & ACLS certification
The ideal candidate for this position has a minimum of 2 years of inpatient APP experience caring for patients with hematologic malignancies.
Hours: 12 hour days
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.