IT Project Manager (Data Center, Infrastructure, Storage)
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
IT Project Manager - Data Center Technologies
- Responsible for planning, initiating and managing information technology projects from inception to completion. Lead and guide the work of technical staff and serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. Responsibility for staff assigned to projects may extend to staff outside of immediate group. Project Manager has ultimate responsibility for meeting the business's or client's needs.
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates. Manage and reviews work for team to insure objectives are met. Acts as advisors to subordinates to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Develops and administers schedules, performance requirements and have budget responsibilities. Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and functional peer group managers. Often must lead a cooperative effort among members aof a projec team.
- Manages multiple complex systems projects requiring coordination of internal and external resources (e.g., SDD, ICS, TR, users, software vendors) and schedules.
- Assigns and secures resources required for all phases of a project.
- Communicates progress and changes to all appropriate parties (e.g., management, users, vendors, staff, and other internal departments) through both formal and informal communication channels.
- Documents established project plans, as well as changes and decisions made in the project plan
- Ensures delivery of successful project implementations and support according to plan.
- Constantly monitors progress on project plans by following-up on assigned tasks against the time line to ensure the planned project completion.
- Management of Disaster Recovery protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field
- Minimum of 2 years of IT Project management experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience working in a Data Center environment
- Ability to gain influence from business stakeholders to help drive projects and new ideas to completion
- PMP certification strongly preferred
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.