Windows Server Engineer
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
We are seeking a candidate to join a collaborative Windows server application team for Memorial Sloan Kettering’s enterprise datacenter. The position provides expertise and timely support for troubleshooting complex application and server problems that involves application components such as Active Directory, DNS, WINS, LDAP, Citrix, .NET, IIS, as well as other clinical client applications. This position will also interface with the project management and server infrastructure teams to ensure that proposed designs and changes in methodology/processes are communicated and reviewed prior to finalization. It will provide expert advice in establishing, continuously improving and communicating server services standards, deployment and support procedures that aids in the overall stability, reliability, security and recoverability of these services.
- Provide support for Microsoft infrastructure services to include, Active Directory, GPO Management, DHCP, DNS and WINS
- Provide support for Microsoft PKI, and SSL certificate infrastructure
- Provide expertise and timely support for troubleshooting complex application server problems
- Be responsible for working with local and remote users to troubleshoot, isolate and resolve system and application issues
- 2-10 years of related IT experience
- 1+ years of experience in fast-paced; high-availability production environments
- Microsoft certifications in Windows Server 2012/2016 or equivalent experience
- Experience performing Active Directory Backups and Recovery utilizing native and third-party tools
- Expertise in general Windows Server installation, administration, security, backups & restorations
- Experience supporting an enterprise multiple site Windows Domain infrastructure
- Experience with TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Experience supporting Security Protocols (such as Kerberos, LDAP, NTLM)
- Hands-on experience working with Cisco UCS and HPE ProLiant servers
- Hands-on experience working with virtual server technologies (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Proven experience with automating process using scripting technologies including PowerShell and Visual Basic
- Hours: 9:00AM-5:00PM, Monday thru Friday. On-call schedule in the off-hours. Regular travel between all MSKCC locations and occasionally to business partner, vendor and other locations is required
Application Hiring Process
With a clinical and support staff of nearly 200, MSK Monmouth offers the same diagnostic and treatment capabilities that patients receive in Manhattan and at our other regional sites. The center provides a centralized location for many of MSK’s information technology needs and will eventually be home to more than 100 employees.