Sr. Data Scientist
LocationNew York, NY
DeptStrategy & Innovation
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 28th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2018, as well as one of Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Best Place to Work for 2018. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK Data Products is a multidisciplinary team of designers, software engineers and data scientists working inside MSK. Our mission is to transform how technology and data are used to prevent, control and ultimately cure cancer. We operate at the complex and fast-moving intersection of medicine and technology, and build software around the needs of some of the world’s leading doctors and researchers.
We are looking to recruit an expert data scientist. As a member of our team, you will play an integral role in the development of data analysis pipelines that use advanced computational methods to extract actionable insight from troves of clinical, genomic, financial and operational data - collected at our institution over 20+ years. These computational pipelines will power software products that help doctors and researchers find, visualize, and make the best use of complex medical and scientific data.
- An experienced machine learning practitioner with a consistent track record of developing and applying advanced computational techniques to solve complex problems
- Able to creatively combine existing computational methods, and, when necessary, develop new ones to best analyze various types of data
- Capable of consulting and collaborating on projects involving interdisciplinary team members
- MA/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- 5+ years of applicable industry experience
- Deep knowledge of advanced machine learning methodologies such as deep learning, graphical models, natural language processing and understanding
- Programming experience in Python, Scala or C++ and deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or Torch
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
Nice to have
- PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Publications in top-tier machine learning journals and/or conferences
- Experience working with healthcare data
- You are a great teammate
Application Hiring Process
New York, NY
At MSK, we are committed to providing exceptional patient care that is as convenient as possible. Each of our facilities serves a purpose and is strategically built to support a larger community, including our employees.